Monday, March 21, 2011

Domestication

So, I have a light week with Premier this week and will be home a few evenings. I am not home a whole lot in the evenings between Premier and Youth Ministry responsibilities, but I know this will change somewhat once Abe is here. I want to start finding some easy recipes and some things I can prep ahead of time so I can actually provide dinner for the men of my house. :)

I decided to try out the Pioneer Woman this week. So many people rave about her blog and her recipes, and I see why. I have always been a fan of recipes with pictures, and I LOVE that she provides step by step pictures and details. That's so great for gals like me who are more into baking than cooking. Don't get me wrong, I do like to cook, but I don't do it as often as I'd like. I could bake every day, however.

So, tonight I tried out her Chicken with Olives, and it smells delicious!


I haven't dug in yet because Ben was at a meeting tonight that has gone terribly LOOOOONNNNGGGG....dumb. :) But, hopefully he will be home soon so we can pack in all of these extra calories before bed. Always a great idea, right? Whatever, you only live once.

I already have tomorrow night's dinner marinating in the fridge. Laundry is in the dryer ready for me to pull out and fold. All in all, a pretty domestic afternoon at the Lowery house, if I do say so myself.

Goodnight, all.

3 comments:

  1. Love Pioneer Woman!!! I also love the Tasty Kitchen link on her blog. Also, if you are gonna start doing more simple, crock pot stuff check out the link on my blog for A Year of Slow Cooking. Click on Index at the top and you can see all the recipes she has. They are all for slow cookers. Almost everything we have tried we have loved! Happy Cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look of your blog! Fun!

    You'll have to check out my recipe blog: http://ashleyscafe.blogspot.com. I've got about 60 recipes on there, categorized by type, main ingredient, etc. I add a few new ones each month. I haven't checked out Pioneer Woman, but many of my friends have tried her recipes. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I was wondering the other day if you had heard of the Pioneer Woman. I was going to post a link to your fb page, but I see that you have discovered her as well! I really like her. I tried her "muffin melt" recipe tonight for some friends, and we liked it pretty well. It's technically a breakfast recipe, but who says you can't have breakfast for dinner, right? We'll have to trade recipes as we try them. Still praying for you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete