Thursday, April 12, 2012

GO VAYN-JEHS!

Abe is really vocal these days. He looooovvvveees to talk. (payback, my parents tell me) A lot of what he says is just gibberish with a few of his favorite or newest words thrown in, but it's hilarious to watch him carry on a "conversation." He's so animated and expressive. We love that about him. This kid is just full of JOY! I hope he never loses that.

Some of his favorite words (aside from Mommy & Daddy) are:
Beep Beep! (car)
Yummy!
Good
Izzies (that's what he calls Izzie)
Mowf (mouth)
Uhr-cuh (Circle - we're working on shapes right now)
Ba-lu (blue)
Oggy (doggy)
Shoes
Juice
Mok (milk or walk depending on the circumstance)
Ank Oon (thank you)

I love hearing him try new words and whipping out words he's heard us say. This morning during breakfast he told me he was "messy." :) I just love his little high-pitched voice. Especially when he says "ank oon, Mommy!" Melts my heart. And he's learned what that means now...he'll say it on his own when I help him with something or when I give him something. Love it. Sweet boy.

It's baseball season again, and we of course have to teach Abe about the Rangers. Ben was leading the music for our church's Good Friday service during the opening game, so I sat with Abe and taught him a little about baseball. ;) He learned to say, "GO VAYN-JEHS!" (Go Rangers!) He loved pretending to pitch when the pitchers would throw the ball, and he would get really excited when the batter hit the ball. It was fun to watch his eyes light up. He has a Rangers Captain pillow pet that we've trotted out in honor of baseball season, and he loves it! The other day Daddy strapped it on Abe, and we had a lot of laughs! Here are a few pictures. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment